Lift your spirits out of the winter doldrums! The Lenten Season is approaching and in preparation for our times of reflection, you are warmly invited to use your creative gifts to benefit the congregation.
Twelve years ago, forty friends from BGMC shared the joyful task of writing or drawing a point of inspiration for the rest of us to consider as we personally dug into scriptures, songs and reflections in the days leading up to Easter. Some wrote a brief devotional. Some authored a poem. Others created a black and white drawing or other visual which could be added to the booklet and was based on the scripture of the day. We will compile a similar Lenten Devotional this year and invite you to submit your special expression.
Please consider signing up to cover one of the 40 days of Lent for this year by calling the church office or go to our website and click on the Lent link. Your finished drafts will need to be received by Robin Long in the church office by February 17 in order to be included in the Lenten Devotional Booklet.
Don’t be shy! We all have different life experiences and perspectives. Each one of us has something important to share. Read your designated verse several times. Pray. Think about your personal experiences with the themes in your verse and if possible, write from there. Choose the way in which you most want to share your meditation with others. Following are the details:
- Entries must be original hard copy or emailed in a high resolution format to Robin Long.
- Entries must be in black & white and camera ready for printing on the copier.
- Word count must not exceed 350 words.
- All writings/images must be vertical on the page and not to exceed 7 1/2″ wide by 9″ high.
- All entries should include the scripture at the top of your page.
- Please sign your entry so others can share their response.
- Entries are due no later than February 17, 2019.
Call Robin in the church office with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org, 215-257-3431.
Offer inspiration. Offer a challenge. Just do it!
Link to sign-up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f4aabae29aafc1-bgmc